How to Reach Us
Kefalonia lies south of Lefkas (Lefkada), west of Ithaca and to the north of Zante (Zakynthos), opposite the mouth of the gulf of Patras. The island can be reached by boat or plane.
In summer there are ferry services between Sami in Kefalonia and Italy. Italian ports served are Bari, Ancona, Brindisi and Venice. There are ferry services between Sami and the Greek mainland throughout the year. Greek ports served are Patras and Kilini. In summer there are numerous services between Kefalonia and Lefkada, Corfu (Kerkyra) and Zante. Kefalonian ports served are Fiscardo, Poros and Sami. In winter there is a ferry service between Lefkada and Fiscardo.
Τhere is an international airport near Argostoli in Kefalonia which has daily flights from Athens, London, Vienna, Ljubljana, and other main airports throughout Europe (charter flights). Olympic Airlines services Kefalonia from Athens throughout the year.
Below you will find a few links as well as useful phone numbers that would facilitate your travel arrangements.
There are daily bus services throughout the year between Athens, Patras and Kilini that connect with ferries to Sami, Poros in Kefalonia.
- Information: Bus Terminal Athens 100, Kifissou St., tel.: +30 210 5150785
- Information: Bus Terminal Argostoli, tel.: +30 26710 22281. Duration 6,5 hours.
For schedules visit: www.ktel.org
Daily flights between Athens and Kefalonia. Duration 45 minutes.
- El. Venizelos, tel.: +30 210 3530000,
- Olympic Airways in Argostoli tel.: +30 26710 28808
- or from your local travel agency or airport.
Some useful links for schedules and rest.
- Patras-Sami: journey time 3 hours 30 minutes
Information: Patras Port Authority, telephone: +30 2610 341002 / 324817|
Information: Sami Port Authority, telephone: +30 26740 22031
- Killini-Poros: journey time 2 hours 30 minutes
Information: Killini Port Authority, telephone: +30 26230 92211
Information: Poros Port Authority, telephone: +30 26740 72460
- Astakos – Sami
Information: Astakos Port Authority, telephone +30 26460 41052
Information: Sami Port Authority +30 26740 22031
- From Shinari, Zakynthos – Pessada, Kefalonia: journey time one hour
Information: Argostoli Port Authority, telephone: +30 26710 22224
Some useful links for the ferry schedules